Services to be provided by the Regional Curriculum Office:
Dr. Barry Bachenheimer, Regional Director of Curriculum
email@example.com 201-358-7020 x22032
Ms. Dominique Paladino, Regional Instruction & Curriculum Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org 201-358-7020 x22069
2016-17 Regional Office Goals and Tasks
Year 2 of the K-8 Math Curriculum Revision Process.
Educate the K-8 mathematics curriculum committee on Understanding by Design Curriculum framework.
Create a scope and sequence for curricular units based on current New Jersey Student Learning Standards for Mathematics.
Develop three-stage “backward planning” units of study for mathematics (beginning with Stage 1 and 2) to include:
Standard-specific regional benchmarks- rich problems/tasks
Differentiated assessments/performance tasks with multiple Entry Points
Begin creation of “model unit”
Regional Math Consultant will support math initiatives by helping evaluate/revise/write curriculum and provide professional development in the model of Labsite workshops.
Oversee the mentoring programs to ensure teacher preparedness and compliance with the state regulations for newly-hired faculty.
Monitor the implementation of the K-8 Physical Education Curriculum.
Implementation of Year 1 of the K-5 and Year 2 of the 6-8 science curriculum in accordance with the Next Generation Science Standards, including associated professional development where needed and appropriate.
Oversee and support the continued implementation of ELA workshop as part of a Regional Task Force.
Evaluate the 8th grade ELA curriculum to ensure New Jersey Student Learning Standards for English Language Arts (NJSLS) compliance, best practices, and rigorous preparation for students for a common high school experience.
Continue to provide coaching/PD for K-5 teachers, especially in the areas of Balanced Literacy and Readers/Writers Workshop.
6. Implementation year of the K-8 World Language Curriculum (where appropriate per each district). Provide support/development/articulation where needed.
1. Year 1 of the K-8 Mathematics Curriculum Revision Process. Align curriculum with the Common Core Standards and PARCC readiness. Provide professional development on new math standards, shifts, and practices.
2. Oversee the mentoring programs to ensure teacher preparedness and compliance with the state regulations for newly-hired faculty.
3. Year 2 Evaluation/Revision of the K-12 Physical Education/Health Curriculum.
4. Assist with professional development for 1:1 computing implementation and improvement in all four sending districts.
5. Implementation of the K-12 science curriculum in accordance with the Next Generation Science Standards, including associated professional development.
6. Oversee and support the continued implementation of ELA workshop as part of a Regional Task Force.
1a. Oversee and implement the literacy plan for each district, specific to district/building needs, with a focus on assessment. Tentative monthly or bi-monthly meetings with selected teachers from each district, coaches, and curriculum people to guide/set the plan for them to implement in the following weeks.
2a. Lead analysis and discussion for possible report card revision, in line with Readers/Writers Workshop and best literacy practices.
7. Year 1 of the K-8 World Language Curriculum Revision Process. Align curriculum with the Common Core Standards and PARCC readiness. Provide professional development on standards, shifts, and practices.