FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
The Pascack Valley School District Family and Consumer Science Program engages students in challenging activities to further develop knowledge, skills, practices, attitudes, and behaviors, that will prepare them for future life experiences. Students are taught in a hands-on experiential learning environment by taking responsibility for their active participation in real life laboratory settings, which allows for repeated practice, application of skills, and knowledge. The Family and Consumer Science department focuses on the development of these objectives through:
• Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
• Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness practices across the lifespan. Acquiring lifelong practical arts skills.
• Developing the skills necessary for preparation of nutritious meals that lead to a healthy lifestyle.
• Implementing safety procedures in the classroom and/or eventual workplace
• Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services
• Accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life
• Strengthening the feeling of self-worth through varied roles, activities, and experiences.
• Developing specific skills that may lead to future career choices.
• Managing resources according to individual and family needs.
• Becoming responsible citizens and leaders of family, community, and work settings.
Supervisor of Instruction
PH 201-358-7020 x22054
PV 201-358-7060 x22054